I am Professor at the Department of Physics and Computer Science in Wilfrid Laurier University, an Adjunct Professor at Physics Department, University of Waterloo and a member of Guelph Waterloo Physics Institute, all in Ontario, Canada.
I conduct research in Computational Photonics. It involves theoretical modelling and computer simulations. My current research interests are:
- Non-equilibrium Green's functions (NEGF) modelling of active photonic devices
- Optical properties of various heterostructure compounds
- Type-II-W semiconductor lasers
- Vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSEL)
- Compensation of losses in metamaterials
I actively collaborate with several groups in the Canada, USA, England and Poland, both academic and industrial.
Marek S. Wartak
Ph.: 519-884-1970, ext.2436